Sunday, September 25, 2011

In honor of "Talk Like a Pirate Day"

In honor of "Talk Like a Pirate Day" on September 19th, my class decided to make pirates. The original idea came from here. We tweaked it to work for us.

We only had white paper plates, so first we had to color them. I had traced the top of the paper plate onto red construction paper to make the bandana. I also drew the outline of a knot on red construction paper to glue onto the bandana. The students had to draw white polka dots to decorate it.

I gave them each a patch and glued on a wiggly eye. They drew the faces with markers. I then punched a hole in the paper plate and added a construction paper earring.

These were too cute to keep in the room for ourselves, so we hung them in the hallway for the rest of the school to enjoy. Believe me...they did! All down the hall, you could hear pirate talk! Arrgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment